If a smartphone user is troubled by the service of his telecom operator like Airtel, Jio, BSNL or Vi (Vodafone), any of these companies. Apart from this, if a customer finds the recharge plan of his telecom operator expensive. Then in such a situation, the user has the full facility to change the telecom operator. Which is known as SIM port. That too without changing your old number.
Let me tell you, this service was started by the Government of India in the year 2011 by the then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. Whose only purpose was to transfer your number from one telecom operator to another.
What does SIM port mean?
If we talk in simple language, then SIM port means. Change the operator of the number you use. That is, changing the SIM company without changing the number. For example, if you are currently using Vodafone. If for some reason you want to change its company, then it can be changed from Vodafone to Jio, Airtel or BSNL in just a few minutes.
Keep these things in mind before getting a SIM port
- SIM port can be done any number of times according to your need.
- After porting from Airtel to Jio, it can be ported from Jio to Airtel again.
- Once the number is ported, the same number can be ported again. When at least 3 months have passed since the first port process.
- To port the number, it is mandatory to have a balance of at least Rs 2 on your existing mobile number.
- The ownership transfer of your number should not be activated while porting the number.
- All old bills should be deposited on the postpaid number. Apart from this, also submit a copy of the old bill at the time of port.
- There is no port if there is a negative balance on the prepaid number.
- The number to be ported, that mobile number should not be barred from being ported by any court.
- The service for 4 hours will be affected during the porting process.
Reasons to do SIM port
- If there is any problem related to service on your current number. For example: Not getting a good network, Internet is too slow, call drops etc.
- Expensive recharge plan.
- Apart from this, some other educational reason.
How to do SIM Port?
The process of porting the SIM is quite simple. While porting the SIM, it is to be kept in mind that at least SMS money is present in the SIM. Apart from this, the condition given above should be followed by you. Now follow the steps given below, and port your SIM card easily.
- First of all generate UPC (Unique Porting Code) from your number. You will have to send an SMS to generate it. The validity of this UPC code is up to 4 days. Whereas in Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and some North Eastern states, the validity of this code is up to 30 days.
- For the UPC code, go to the message section of the phone and type PORTyour number. Now send it to 1900. If your mobile number is 9898998989, then your message will be something like this: PORT 9898998989
- After some time a UPC code will be sent to your number through SMS. Its validity is 4 days.
- Take this UPC code and go to the retail shop of the company in which you want to port your number.
- Before going to the retail shop, keep some important documents like Aadhar card etc. with you.
- After the paperwork is completed, pay the porting fee and get your new SIM.
- The porting process may take 3 to 5 days to complete. Whereas in Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and some North Eastern states, this process may take up to 15 days to complete.
Also Read Similar posts:
- How to Port Vi Number into Jio, Airtel?
- How to Know Mobile Number Details
- How to check own Mobile number
How to cancel SIM port?
If for some reason you want to stop the process of your SIM port in the middle. Then it can also be canceled within 24 hours of applying for the port. Follow the steps given below to cancel.
- Open the message box on your phone.
- It CANCEL type your mobile number and send it to 1900. If your mobile number is 9798997989 then type message like this CANCEL 9798997989 and send it to 1900.
- After sending the message, the porting request made by you will be canceled. The porting fee you have paid during porting will not be refunded.
Through this article you learned that how you can port SIM of any company to any other company. Apart from this, you also learned that for some reason the process of port has to be canceled then how to do it. If you have any kind of problem, suggestion or complaint related to the article, then definitely tell us by commenting below, thank you.
Answer: Airtel has to be ported to Jio or Jio to Airtel. Everyone’s process is the same.
Q: How long does it take to be SIM ported?
Answer: It usually takes 5 to 7 days to get the SIM port. Whereas in some states it may take up to 15 days.